Aiden participated in his very first Pinewood Derby last Thursday. He was so excited about it. It took him and Cody a few weeks to get his car ready. When the big night came, there were 18 other cars in the race and it didn't start off very promising. On the first few tries, Aiden's car didn't even make it to the finish line. I remember thinking to myself, "Well, he's not going to win, but I hope he has fun anyway." Then I found out that since I am the Counselor over Scouts, I was in charge of coming up with 19 original award certificates for each participant (yikes!), so I spent most of the night at the judges table. When the races were over, to my utter amazement, Aiden had won! I couldn't believe it! There were 18 other cars entered in the derby, and Aiden's was the fastest. It had come down to Aiden and Dylan Warr. They had to race each other 4 or 5 times to determine which was really the winner, and in the end, it was Aiden. The look on his face was priceless. You can see how happy he is in these pictures I took of him after the big race.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment